The 16” x 16” shower niche makes a perfect rectangular shelf in your shower, ideal for storing all of your soaps, shampoos, and other shower needs. By using an Apollo shower niche, you eliminate the need for any out of place shelves or storage units in your shower. Our prefabricated niches come with a textured design for an easy tiling and a sleek, flush to the wall installation. Our niches are made with the environment in mind – we use only the highest quality eco-friendly materials to create our shower niches. By using an Apollo shower niche you will get a leak proof integrated shelf that will not collect rust or mildew.
To help you through the installation process, we have provided the following Installation Guide which is intended to provide an easy way for the installation of our Shower Niche whether you're a professional or a first time novice. Please remember to comply with the recommendations and standards established for such projects from time to time.
Installation Instructions for Eco-Green Shower Niche:
First, we describe how to fix the niche:
- 1) In an existing finished wall.
- 2) In a newly constructed wall
Second we detail the rest of the steps:
Installing horizontal framing, screwing the niche into the framing, installing the drywall (or backer board for a shower) around the niche.
Waterproofing the gap between the niche flange and the backer board with a bead of silicon
Tiling the niche and wall.
- Fixing the Niche into an existing finished wall (if new construction, just skip to paragraph 2):
- Locate and mark the center of adjacent framing studs using a stud finder or by tapping the wall
- Draw a level line between the two wall studs
- Place the niche between the two marked studs with the flange wall flush against the wall and trace the outline of the niche on the wall. Be sure the top and bottom lines are level
- Cut out the wall board along the traced lines between the two studs using a drywall saw and utility knife
- Measure the distance between the vertical studs
- Measure and cut top and bottom horizontal support framing to a length which permits each to run between and to be fastened to both vertical studs
- Add a continuous bead of adhesive caulk on the back of mounting flange and secure it to the wall cavity with supplied wall fasteners.(Galvanized roofing nails may be substituted). A power screwdriver may be used if a low resistance setting is available, otherwise, tighten all fasteners by hand and don't over tighten!
- Thickness of mounting flange should be minimized to provide a flush wall surface for the finish tile. In some substrates, you may be able to grind the perimeter of the cut-out for the width and depth of the mounting flange prior to unit installation.
- Take 100% waterproofing silicon and seal the gap between the wall board and Niche and each of the screw holes
- Now apply your setting material and set your tile, marble or stone directly to shower Niche